Lubricants Industry Events 2022
James Moorhouse, ABN Resource Director attended the recent May 2022 conference “Putting Sustainability First – What does this mean for the lubricants industry?”, organised by the United Kingdom Lubricants Association (UKLA).
Reflecting on this great event, James has shared his five key takeaways:
1) The lubricants industry remains an open, friendly and welcoming sector – everyone in the room was happy to talk and share ideas for the benefit of all.
2) Chris Hines, founder of A Grain of Sand, was inspirational and reminded us to be solutions-focused, act with urgency and pace, embrace, understand and collaborate whilst limiting mass consumerism to deliver lower emissions.
3) We need to communicate lubricants’ value better to an external audience to show we are a solution, not a problem. The additional benefit of a compelling purpose and well-communicated vision – it helps with talent attraction and retention.
4) Lubricants leaders all highlight the importance of leadership, company culture and transparency when taking a company, people and industry partners on a sustainability journey.
5) Life Cycle Analysis is tough but needed and we all need to keep sharing ideas, best practices and data. Something the UEIL Sustainability Task Force is there to help and support.
Sustainability is growing in importance as a key business driver affecting the lubricants industry and will fundamentally change how we assess the impact the lubricants industry has on the world. And whilst it was good to talk about it, the biggest takeaway of all is action! Sustainability journeys look different for people and organisations but nothing changes without action.
Lubricants Events 2022
In 2022, ABN Resource will be sponsoring and attending three major lubricant industry events: Lubricant Expo on September 6-8, ILMA 2022 on October 1-4 and the UEIL 2022 Annual Congress on October 19-21.
Lubricant Expo is Europe’s first free-to-attend exhibition and conference, connecting lubricant solution providers with the full range of end-user buyers, as well as the entire chemical and equipment supply chain.
The event will feature a dedicated program of presentations and panel discussions, equipping attendees with the knowledge and supply-chain opportunities needed to achieve sustainability goals, reduce carbon, improve efficiency, and meet end-user requirements.
Complementary to this expert-led program, the Lubricant Expo exhibit floor will provide a showcase of the latest sustainably focused innovations, suppliers, and service providers, enabling R&D teams and end-users to source the right solutions for sustainability-focused products and operating environments.
Join industry-leading companies and influential speakers at Europe’s largest lubricant and bearing combined industry exhibition and conference that will take place on 6 – 8 September 2022 in Messe Essen, Germany.
Register for your free pass: http://ow.ly/cz8N50Jbj2N
2022 ILMA Annual Meeting
On 1-4 October, ABN Resource will attend the 2022 ILMA Annual Meeting and join 1,000+ of your lubricants industry colleagues – from manufacturers and distributors to raw materials and solutions providers.
The event begins on Sunday with Sports Day, featuring plenty of opportunities to network over a little friendly competition. Monday and Tuesday offer education sessions on market trends and business intel, ending in the fabulous President’s Dinner on Tuesday night. In between, there are both formal and informal networking opportunities and committee meetings where the industry hashes out the most important issues of the day
Early registration is open now at https://shorturl.ae/WZqgJ!
UEIL 2022 Annual Congress
The 2022 edition of the UEIL Annual Congress will be held in Athens, Greece starting on the 19th of October. It is a 3-day event organised by the Union of the European Lubricants Industry with the leading theme “Driving innovation – the lubricant industry on the move”.
Rebuilding Europe’s economy offers a unique opportunity for the lubricants industry to showcase its most innovative technological solutions while respecting environmental boundaries.
The event will explore the topic of innovation along different stages of the value chain, with the aim of understanding the regulatory environment and the tools at hand – as well as being inspired by success stories and case studies presented by the brightest European lubricant manufacturers.
Make sure to register for this year’s UEIL Annual Congress by 30 June to benefit from the early bird discount.
Registrations are open on the UEIL website: https://lnkd.in/eGG9tMsE.