The role of the Corporate Development Manager is to support the Board of Directors to create and execute internal and external action plans in line with the Company’s strategic vision. This will include activities relating to growth, infrastructure development, digitalisation, brand marketing, quality management and strategic partnerships.
- Candidates for this role must enjoy developing long-range plans, economic modelling, and the preparation of business cases to support the delivery of key initiatives in line with the Company’s strategic goals.
- The candidate will be required to structure outputs into action plans and be comfortable participating in the actual operational implementation as part of a project team.
- A key requirement will be the ability to lead material projects and to support individual Directors as an additional resource. A commercial and forward-thinking mindset is a must combined with a natural drive to improve the financial and operating performance of the company.
- Perform market research and due diligence to support investment appraisals and preparation of Business Cases for presentation to the Board of Directors.
- Develop economic modelling to support capital investment requirements for projects including asset and infrastructure development and acquisitions.
- Project manage the operational delivery of infrastructure investments and process efficiencies including scoping, design, and final implementation (ensuring on plan and on budget).
- Provide status updates to the Board of Directors as to ongoing projects using a standardised methodology.
- Prepare the Board Presentation Packs and circulate the minutes for approval.
Oversee, develop, and embed the Company’s Quality Management System (ISO 9001, ISO 14001 & ISO 45001).
- Lead the Company’s plans to support decarbonisation and energy transition.
Ownership of the Company’s marketing activity; including in-house creation of collateral (digital & traditional media) in line with the Company brand strategy and guidelines.
- Provide a direct link between the Company and supporting agencies to aid the delivery of specific marketing campaigns.
- Support and develop strategic partnerships to achieve sustainable and incremental value generation for the company.
- Act as the focal point for the Company for external advisors with respect to significant investment and strategic projects.
- Work cross-functionality and support the Directors to implement departmental-specific action plans.
Skills & Competencies
- Experience in the manipulation of financial data to support with construction of economic models.
- Familiarity with due diligence and the compilation of investment appraisals
- Comfortable working with and controlling confidential information that may be commercially and organisationally sensitive.
- Ability to problem solve, identify, and implement business process improvements and transaction efficiencies.
- Possess knowledge and comparable experience in brand development, product positioning and communication to a range of audiences.
- Team player that will need to work cross-functionally and interact with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Confident communicator and the ability to represent the company externally at senior levels.
- Can handle multiple demands from a variety of sources at the same time without getting flustered.
- Intermediate (min) level in Excel and good knowledge of wider Microsoft Office suite.
- Driving license.