The company started trading in the early 1800s and remains a private, independent company now led by the 5th and 6th generation of the family. The company has a worldwide reputation as a reliable and innovative supplier of high performance, speciality lubricants.
“People Matter” is the company’s key value, this includes technical expertise and leadership, customer focus and service, care for employees, complete honesty and integrity in all dealings. From people we have placed in the last four years – we have excellent feedback on how they are treated, supported and looked after.
- To commit to the key personal attributes of behaviour of the Company’s culture as both staff and manager (Can-do attitude; Customer focus; Integrity; Openness; Results matter; Teamwork) and to demonstrate them to your team by your example.
- To be an effective part of the Operations Management Team that runs the day-to-day business in line with the annual Business Plan.
- To contribute to the annual Business Planning process and then to meet the relevant targets of the Business Plan.
- To develop all staff to their maximum ability, to maintain multi-skilling and interchange ability between staff. To manage staff ensuring that they are properly recruited, appraised, trained, developed and communicated with, so that they are fully competent, motivated and flexible.
- To manage the lab with full responsibility for the operations of a budget and long term planning, working unsupervised other than the requirement to comply with the company policy.
- To give guidance on policy and complex matters, delegating authority as appropriate for discipline, rating and training.
- To be conversant with industry / OEM standards and the equipment / processes in which our products are used
- To liaise with Sales and TS or directly with customers or OEM’s as required, interpreting needs, resolving complex TS and NPD issues and / or conducting field trials.
- To identify and develop NPD opportunities and steer the formulation of new products through the “stage gate” system.
- To monitor external trends and industry developments e.g. competitors, equipment, applications and legislation, in order to generate NPD ideas and ensure technical suitability of products.
- To ensure Laboratory and product compliance with Health & Safety, Environmental and other statutory requirements and company standards.
- To maintain systems to support the above.
- To maintain a high level of workplace organisation.
- To be able to enter results into LIMS, validate and approve data (according to quality assurance rules).
- To manage and be fully conversant with ChemGes hazard software.
- Oversee the regulatory the requirements and legislative issues involved in formulating lubricants that could be sold on a global basis
- To be conversant with Q-Pulse compliance software as appropriate to job function and user permissions.