Location: United Kingdom
Business Development Manager Job Details
The company started trading in the early 1800s and remains a private, independent company now led by the 5th and 6th generation of the family. The company has a worldwide reputation as a reliable and innovative supplier of high performance, speciality lubricants.
“People Matter” is the company’s key value, this includes technical expertise and leadership, customer focus and service, care for employees, complete honesty and integrity in all dealings. From people we have placed in the last four years – we have excellent feedback on how they are treated, supported and looked after.
- Visit customers in order to explain, promote and recommend the company’s products. Develop new business by identifying potential sales opportunities and by following up with new leads and sample requests.
- Negotiate the best achievable commercial agreements for product sales to achieve sales plan/targets in line with pricing policies.
- Prepare visit reports to communication opportunities or threats as they arise. Gather data on market prices and competitor behaviour and provide feedback. Identify and implement improvement plans.
- Maintain and grow business by developing appropriate contacts within the customer. This may include efforts to develop and negotiate sales which may ultimately be delivered in another geographic territory.
- Ensure all customer issues/complaints are actioned and responses fed back to the customer.
- Assist in the promotion of new and existing products by attending exhibitions and undertaking marketing projects as requested.
- Update sales forecasts as required and provide an annual sales plan for the territory.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Self-motivated, independent, with the ability to plan own workload.
- Strong interpersonal skills, self-motivation and organisational ability.
- B-2-B selling including discussion of technical concepts with customers.
- Strong commercial/sales acumen or the ability to develop.
- Full driving license.