The Product Manager is responsible for managing company’s European product portfolio and leading regional market research efforts.
Market research results will drive strategic plans, industry segmentation, new product development projects, pricing policies, and promotional efforts. The Product Manager will be actively involved in all phases of the New Product Commercialisation (NPCP) by defining performance requirements, creating business plans, modeling economic value, defining pricing strategies, and ensuring targets are met during development and post- commercialisation.
This individual will spend significant time improving the company’s product lifecycle management process and target industry analysis methods.
- Utilise the company’s Phase/Gate process to provide product design and New Product Commercialisation Process (NPCP) input in order to optimize our product portfolio.
- Manage the regional product portfolio in collaboration with the USA Located Global Portfolio Director. Perform all aspects of product development, product changes, and product promotions including development procedures, specifying components, packaging design, product positioning, pricing, catalog, and training materials.
- Conduct market research and analyze results to improve product development process and marketing initiatives.
- Regularly perform pricing and competitive analysis by customer channel and recommend strategies to manage and improve margins, market position, quality, or reduce costs.
- Manage all regional Special Pricing Agreements (SPAs) and contracts; and prepare, recommend and coordinate price changes in the region.
- Develop and maintain regional product database with product specifications in collaboration with the Global Portfolio Manager.
- Assist in the applications training of distributors, District Sales Managers, and other personnel.
- Assist Training department in developing training programs and materials to educate internal and external customers in product selection and use.
- Coordinate training material on product applications for Field Sales as needed.
- Participate as requested in the administration and design of Distributor Policies and Strategies.
- Work with the lab to develop a Competitive Intelligence file with emphasis on applications.
- Coordinate, with regional and global Marketing and Mar-Com Functions, artwork and catalogue copy for dealer co-op advertising and catalogue programs.
- Represent Product Management topics in Sales, Marketing and cross-functional meetings.