Our client supplies a comprehensive range of fuel-related products coast-to-coast throughout England and Wales to Domestic, Agricultural, Commercial and Retail customers.
A focus on service and the customer is what differentiates the company in the market and it is the attitude of the people within the business which drives this difference. The fuel card business is operated centrally with the managers enjoying a high level of autonomy to drive their piece of the business.
KEY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Strong sales background with experience of developing sales strategies in a B2B environment, with proven experience of selling physical products and value-added service solutions to clients of all sizes.
- A natural and inspiring leader of a team, innovative and passionate. Able to really get the best out of their people, with experience of building and coaching successful teams in a fast-growing environment.
- Proven experience of identifying and successfully delivering strategic new sales opportunities to grow the existing footprint of the business as well as driving growth in sales and profitability.
- Analytical with the ability to understand and interpret financial accounts with an aptitude to analyse and identify trends and then make informed decisions to positively impact the bottom line.
- Experience in costing, presenting, and implementing detailed annual budgets.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work under minimal supervision and guidance. Ability to identify priorities and meet deadlines, with a strong attention to detail and results driven approach.
- A confident communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to deliver with impact and build external and internal relationships.
- Experience working in a fuels card business is desired but not essential.
- Deliver organic growth and improved profitability from the existing card networks, and importantly from new initiatives and card providers.
- Develop, lead, and implement a clear strategy for growing sales in our existing card networks.
- Identify and propose additional fuel cards to enhance our business and support the growth strategy. Explore new sales opportunities; customer demands and industry trends that will further enhance the range of products and services provided to our customers.
- Set up, launch and integrate approved additional fuel cards, sales opportunities and expanded range of products and services. Monitor and drive progress through the team to ensure successful delivery and deployment.
- Full P&L responsibility for the fuel card business. Submit annual financial budgets for sales team and whole fuel card business.