As part of the company strategy, we are hiring a Business Development Manager for the UK, Europe and North Africa region focusing on the Oil market. Our client is a well-established manufacturing company – highly innovative, dynamic and constantly pursuing new ways to improve the services and products they offer. Their specialist lubricants and greases deliver high performance in critical onshore, offshore, and subsea equipment. With their unique product performance, there is a significant opportunity for growth.
- Identify and deliver Business Development opportunities with a pioneering mindset in new geographical areas and/or fields of the application using new and existing products and technologies.
- Manages the sales cycle, understanding the processes and stages needed to effectively sell differentiated high-value solutions in commoditized markets
- Providing exceptional levels of product support with intelligence to be a credible peer with senior managers whilst having empathy with users to demonstrate correct product usage.
- Setting up a network of partners and new supply channels to quickly and effectively grow the business in the region.
- Provide business forecasts and develop a pipeline of new business opportunities to deliver budget objectives.
- Report any New Product Development (NPD) requirements to support these opportunities, preparing the associated business case(s) as needed to gain NPD approval.
- Starts and develops long term effective relationships with potential and existing customers, suppliers and other relevant stakeholders in order to establish as the go-to partner of choice for lubrication solutions within our capabilities.
- Drives and delivers change to support business objectives.
- Provide additional support to Sales team activities as needed.
- Record detailed meeting reports in a timely manner and manage opportunities through CRM.
- Provide market and competitor information on a regular basis.
- At least monthly, active participation in team meetings, providing a formal report to share with the team on key activities and on market and business developments.
- Adhere to all external safety requirements of third party sites visited.
- Comply with external inspection regimes as and when required.
- Sold a technical product or service to NOC, IOC, EPC markets via engineering and procurement departments
- Demonstrates integrity and trust with customers, identifying true needs and providing value-added solutions.
- Be able to work remotely without close supervision whilst being an active team member.
- Open-minded to new ideas and readily implements them to maximum effect.
- Manage time effectively whilst prioritising tasks.